A CLASS IS NOT A MONSTER
Becoming a college student
is a big dream of mostly students of senior high school. I also had like that
kind of dream while I was a student of senior high school. Becoming a college
student is clearly much more complicated rather than becoming a student of
senior high school. I had known that it wouldn’t be as easy as what I
experienced in senior high schooI but
just ignore it, I just imagined the other side of becoming a college
student that was we will look cooler in front of everyone near us. I imagined
like that because I saw the reality of the college student’s social intercourse
that we will be more respected and more trusted in our society.
In my
first two weeks of becoming a college student, I just enjoyed my class. I was
just like a water flowing at the river because I just felt that how easy
becoming a college student was. However, what I felt was disappearing slowly
and the following weeks made me became much worst. I couldn’t understand and
follow the flow of what I learned in the class. Every class that I joined just
like a group of monster. They just look like mocking me at every meeting. The
worst thing that they even haunted me at every my nights. I just looked like a bad
dreamer at that time. “How could I become a big dreamer to be a college student while I studied in
senior high school but now I cannot fight this” it was what my heart said at
every my daydream. I even tried to fight it by studying hard everyday but it
resulted nothing because more days the class became more frightening. It even
just made me lazier and difficult to join the class. Every class became a big
motivation for me to stay sleep in my beautiful bed and stay away from them.
One
day, I met my old friend from different university. He got a cumlaude in his first semester. I asked
him “How could you do that?”. “ yes, I just enjoy at every my class and make
them become my best friend”. That answer just made me silent for a moment and I
was stunned with that kind of relax and confident answer. “ Do you have a big
ambitions on what you take?” my next anxious question. “ Not really, because I also do many activities
out of my course such as organizations and etc”. He also gave a big motivation to
me that never imagine a class is a monster and use the picture of your god and
parents at every difficulty you experience. That quote really gave a big
motivation for me.
After
meeting him, I conclud that every class is not to be resisted but we must embrace
them. The picture of god and parents as our motivation to be able to do that.
Picture here doesn’t mean the face how looks like but it just a kind of
imagination what we should remember to face everything. I now have applied it
and I have felt much better than before.
Comments
Post a Comment